Looking to incorporate Valentine’s Day into your movement activities for your kids? This Find The Hearts game can work inside or outside and is sure to get your kids moving! While doing this activity it can serve as color and number reviews, as well as fine motor skills practice!
How To Play:
1. Print out printable below.
2. Cut hearts out. (If you are cutting them out for younger kids you can review colors and counting. Older kids can cut them out themselves.)
3. Place hearts around in scavenger hunt style. (If children are young let them watch you place the hearts, if they are older get them to hide their eyes.)
4. Set a timer or count while they find the hearts. (This encourages kids to move faster!)
Ways That You Can Switch It Up:
- After they find a heart they then must find an item that same color.
- Have children bring the hearts/items back to a “home base” bucket to incorporate more movement.
- Write consecutive numbers on the heart and have the kids find the hearts in the correct order or backwards.
- After they find a heart have them find that number of items.
Everyday is a reason to get moving! And even on holidays! We hope you enjoy this Valentine’s Day movement activity!
What are some other ways you can use this game to get your kids moving?
Let’s Get Moving,